W. S. George, China Replacement, American Dinnerware
W. S. George, Replacement China, discontinued china pattern Made in the USA.
In 1904, William Shaw George purchased a pottery company in East Palestine, Ohio that he had previously leased from the Sebring Brothers. The W. S. George Pottery Company manufactured semi porcelain dinnerware as well as toilet and hotel wares.
In 1910, the company opened a plant in Canonsburg, and another in Kittaning, Pennsylvania in 1914.
W.S. George started making their Derwood & Radisson dinnerware lines around 1910, right after they purchased the East Palestine Pottery Co, and continued to produce it until around 1940. Derwood dinnerware is very plain, with no embossing, and usually has elegant banded decoration. Radisson is based on the popular Haviland Ransom shape. The flatware is gently scalloped & embossed and the holloware features 'crinkled' handles. The Lido style was introduced in the 1930s and is recognized by its square shape. It is commonly found in a color called 'Canarytone' in shades ranging from dark ivory to light yellow. Bolero is a coupe shape with scalloped rim produced in the 1940s-50s. The W.S. George Pottery Co. went out of business in the late 1950s due to financial difficulties.