You are here: Home
» Z.S. & C Company
Z.S. & C Company,, Bavaria China Replacements
Z.S. & C Company Bavaria Discontinued Pattern china replacements.
The company 'Zeh, Scherzer & Co.' was founded in 1880 and directly started to produce a wide range of pieces including coffee and tea sets, normal household items and tableware as well as decorational porcelain. Items made by the company at a time also caught the eye of the 'Geo. Borgfeldt & Co.' company and during January 1907 and May 1908 'Zeh, Scherzer & Co.' produced a series of items exclusively for the company from New York, based on an agreement between Borgfeldt and Zeh who had met earlier. Being very successful in decorational porcelain, the company opened its own art department in 1908 and next to many other famous designers also Professor Fritz Klee (who later became director of the 'Knigliche Fachschule' in Selb) was employed as advisor.
The resulting products were quite spectacular and even today remain a valuable addition to any art deco collection; next to figures of normal human beings, quite a remarkable number of animals and fantasy figures were produced over the years. Based on the ongoing success of the business and the drastic increase in sales after opening the art department, the company was changed into an limited company on October 7th 1910.