Myott, Son & Co. Ltd., an earthenware producing factory operated originally from the Alexander Pottery in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, in the North of England. It was established in 1898 and run by two brothers, Ashley and Sydney Myott. With growing demand for their wares, the company expanded and moved to the Brownfield's Works in Cobridge, which is North of Stoke-on-Trent. By 1925 they had extended the operation to the adjacent Upper Hanley Pottery.
Myott began producing hand painted Art Deco wares of which the varied range of pitchers and vases were in high demand. Many of these pieces survive today suggesting that output was extensive. These Deco pieces display the famous gold Myott crown mark on the base. White ware was produced for the Cunard shipping company with the provision of cubist style tea sets.
A fire in 1949 destroyed many of the official records and pattern design books of Myott Pottery at Stoke and Cobridge.
The company relocated again after 1949 to the larger Crane Street Pottery in Hanley and in 1969 were taken over by an American corporation Interpace. 1976 saw the company merge with Alfred Meakin Limited. The name was then lost after the company was taken over by the Churchill Group.